Software Engineer with a broad skillset
I enjoy all aspects of software from the lower-level hardware, all the way up to application level web-software. My experience with National Instruments exposed me to driver-development and my current job at Indeed has introduced me to the fast paced world of web development
I have come to realize that one of my core strengths is my ability to learn new technolgies and massive codebases quickly. I have experience working in a group which had very strict deadlines to support new platforms. I have come to enjoy these experiences where I get to work on something completely new and there is not much expertise to go around.
Firm believer in agile software development practices
In this fast paced world where requirements keep changing, the software product should be quick to adapt to change. As a regular community member of Agile Austin, I continually grow and learn from others in the community. A piece of software is an engineer's creation and its quality should never be sacrificed for anything else.
Java-based web development
Big scale data analysis
Drivers and embedded systems
Scrum Master for Agile teams
I have experience in
- developing and maintaining device drivers on multiple operating systems from desktop operating systems such as Windows and Linux to single-mode real-time operating systems
- developing Java based web-applications using MVC patterns
Indeed, Inc. (www.indeed.com)
Individual contributor on the Indeed Apply team. Implement new and exciting features to enable job seekers find the right job faster. A/B test new features, log user-interactions and other metrics to drive incremental improvements.
Team mission include making it easier for users to apply for jobs and enabling the right candidates to apply for the right jobs.
Develop and maintain serial port (RS-232 and RS-485) drivers for hardware manufactured by National Instruments. Support multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux (desktop and RT), PharLAP, VxWorks and Mac OS X. Develop and maintain automated testing systems using Jenkins.
University of Illinois
Graduate research work under the guidance of Dr. Sayan Mitra. See education section for publications.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Held discussions sections, set homework problems for students and grading. Handled ECE 190 and ECE 290 which are sophomore to junior level courses for introduction to computing systems and computer engineering.
Research internship at the John Deere Technology & Innovation Center, Research Park, Champaign, IL
- ESCAPE (Embedded Safety Critical Application Programming Environment), a tool suite to develop safety critical controllers using simplex approach
- Harvest yield monitor application for Android using inferential sensing
National University of Singapore
Research work under the guidance of Dr. Xu Jian-Xin in robotics and control systems.
- Vision based control system for HOAP-1 humanoid robot
- Real-time control of Fujitsu HOAP-1 humanoid robot
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Master of Science in Electrical and Computer EnginneringGraduate research on formal verification of hybrid systems under the guidance of Dr. Sayan Mitra.
- A Step Towards Verification and Synthesis from Simulink/Stateflow Models
- Translation of Simulink-Stateflow models to hybrid automata
- Sandboxing Controllers for Cyber-Physical Systems
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics EngineeringGraduated first class with distinction.
Activities and Societies:
- GLUG-T (GNU/Linux Users Group at Tiruchirappalli)
- YOU (Youth Organization for Upliftment)
- NSS (National Service Scheme)